Do you think it is easy to stay in love when your apart 5 days a week

I have this friend she is madly in love after all these years with her bf but they never see each other, he is not home 5 days a week. I know for a fact that if they were together 7 nights a week it would not work out like it has.
You see what he does not know is while he hands her all his money she is doing as she pleases those 5 days he is gone.

I know that right now my dh is gone 5 days a week and I love him more then if he is home every night. You know the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder"

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• my husband has been working 7 days he is out of town, then 7 days he is home, it actually works really well for us, we miss eachother enough that we are happy to see eachother, and enjoy those 7 days with him then he leaves again and i miss him like crazy, but also get my own space again. He just changed to 14 days on and 14 off which I am kind of worried about, it is going to be a long time away, and a long time home, Im afraid we will get sick of eachother being around eachother constantly for 14 days.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 2:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• No relationship is easy...being apart just makes it that much more difficult. However, it depends on the people, the strength of their love, the power of their trust, and how much they are devoted to each other. I was apart from my now hubby for 3 years while we were dating, I was finishing college, and he lived and worked an hour away. The major difference is, there was no one else I wanted to be with, and he felt the same, so we talked every day, and were devoted to each other as much as possible on the weekends when we could be together. It doesn't sound like your friend is very devoted to her fella, and hopefully, Karma will catch up to her for dishonoring their relationship.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I feel like it would bring you closer because it is more special when you finally see each other.
    HappyMomma2832

Answer by HappyMomma2832 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It's not easy for a relationship but if it's true love then being away shouldnt make a difference. Military couples do it all the time and they are gone for a year or more then they come home with crazy hours.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My DH and I are apart for 14 days, then together for a weekend. It's not alot of time to make up for but...with cell phones, free talk time, texting, photos etc we do not miss out on a whole lot in each others lives. We have a.m. coffee over phone, then he calls when his day is done and we watch tv together over cell phone. Even if we don't have the same shows we share, laugh, talk and then we fall asleep. It starts all over the next day until he comes home to me again. Some women say I have the best of both worlds (living on my own day to day) and then some women say they couldn't stand it. We are very much in love and tell each other that atleast 3x a day. My DH is a very sentimental man when it comes to needing love in his life so.....I feel I'm lucky in that sense. We both love to love and that's what makes our world go around for each other. Some ppl just can't be faithful & that's a shame. ie-your friend.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• each couple is different. I personally think that if both people want to make it work, they will. I think that if I were in that situation it could difficult to communicate etc, I don't know if I could do it.

Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2011