Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I have a 16 with a child and the father has minor custody but i want to move, can I move with my granddaughter and daughter out of state?

Answer Question

Asked by grandmominneed at 2:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Check her custody arrangement and agreement.

    Answer by meooma at 2:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

  • You need to get written permission from the father! If you don't he can report it as kidnapping. Or you can take it to the courts and get it approved that way....

    Answer by something_ at 2:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

  • Oh & if you do the written permission, it needs to be signed infront of a notary public!

    Answer by something_ at 2:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

  • Is the father a dangerous criminal or drug addict or evil to the child? If not, why would you want to separate the child from her/his father? The child needs to grow up with their father...unless he is any of the first things I mentioned.

    Answer by ochsamom at 2:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.