What do you do with the creamer?

I have a ladies night with coffee every month that lasts about 4+ hours. A constant problem for me is what to do with the half and half? Right now I put it in a small glass carafe, in a bowl of ice water, changing the water halfway through and discarding the rest of the half-and-half at the end of the night.

I don't mind discarding the rest, but I feel like there must be a better way to have it out that doesn't drip and is potentially even attractive.

Any suggestions?

KateDinVA

Asked by KateDinVA at 2:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Buy a small stainless steel pitcher to put it in, maybe even an insulated one. It really truly does not hurt for it to set out for a while, but you could always put just half in, and halfway through the night fill it back up. Or...I'm not sure if they still sell it, but Pampered Chef used to have a "chillzane" bowl, maybe you can look into something like that to put your creamers in.
    Anonymous

• Change coffee night to wine night.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 2:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I might look at buying the individuals. They're not terribly expensive, you can sit them in a bowl of ice, and I imagine there would be less mess and waste.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• or let them pour their own instead of putting it in a glass carafe.Easier to leave it in the bottle.
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 2:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• you could get the plastic bottles and set thos out instead of the cardborad. Do they help you out with buying creamer and coffee
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 2:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• what about switching to a powdered creamer? There are lots of flavored ones available and they aren't expensive. They also don't require ice to keep them cool.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 3:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Wow...that's a lot! Could you put a bag of ice in the bowl instead of water?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• try the plastic bottles,see if they help,they wont drip and you can put them in the ice water.
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 8:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Why do you discard the leftover half and half? - if it is kept chilled, it should be good.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Why not get the individual small creamers like the restaurants have?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011