More to the arrest warrant question.

I just pulled my credit repost and on it it has that i owe $50.00. I guess that includes the check and there fee for it being returned. With it being that amountdo you think there is a warrant out? It has a number on there that i think i can call.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• It shouldn't be a warrant. How old is it? I think it has to be over a certain amount before a warrant can be issued and I think that depends on what state you are in.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 12:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• walmart puts and arrest warrant for returned checks. you should call. I found ou I had one b/c a friend of mine used checks of mine from a closed account there. I didn't know until I had went and tried to use a check from my other bank and it was posted under my drivers license number. They gave me a number to call and they told me there was a warrant for my arrest. I had to go in and pay court fees and the returned chekcs to clear it up
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 12:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It has to be over like a year old to have a warrant put out, and over a certain ammount.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I'm not sure what your original question was, but I can tell you this: I wrote many many bad checks about 6 years ago (was a drug addict, i'm clean now for over 5 years). i moved away from the state the checks were written in and started my life over. i've been checking my record for a few years now and there was never a warrant issued for me. just recently i had to open a bank account, and was scared to death. they ran my name through chexsystems, and it came up clear.
    i am now in the process of tracking down all the companies i wrote those bad checks to and beginning to repay them. if you had one bad check in the amount of $50 you should be alright. believe me, the amount i wrote bad checks for was in the thousands.
    goodluck.
    Anonymous

• Just have someone go to your county clerk and pay it. Call the stores manager you owe and get the number to who you need to speak with,get reciepts!
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2008