Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More to the arrest warrant question.

I just pulled my credit repost and on it it has that i owe $50.00. I guess that includes the check and there fee for it being returned. With it being that amountdo you think there is a warrant out? It has a number on there that i think i can call.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • It shouldn't be a warrant. How old is it? I think it has to be over a certain amount before a warrant can be issued and I think that depends on what state you are in.

    Answer by k.alexander at 12:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • walmart puts and arrest warrant for returned checks. you should call. I found ou I had one b/c a friend of mine used checks of mine from a closed account there. I didn't know until I had went and tried to use a check from my other bank and it was posted under my drivers license number. They gave me a number to call and they told me there was a warrant for my arrest. I had to go in and pay court fees and the returned chekcs to clear it up

    Answer by SMWOODS at 12:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • It has to be over like a year old to have a warrant put out, and over a certain ammount.

    Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • I'm not sure what your original question was, but I can tell you this: I wrote many many bad checks about 6 years ago (was a drug addict, i'm clean now for over 5 years). i moved away from the state the checks were written in and started my life over. i've been checking my record for a few years now and there was never a warrant issued for me. just recently i had to open a bank account, and was scared to death. they ran my name through chexsystems, and it came up clear.
    i am now in the process of tracking down all the companies i wrote those bad checks to and beginning to repay them. if you had one bad check in the amount of $50 you should be alright. believe me, the amount i wrote bad checks for was in the thousands.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • Just have someone go to your county clerk and pay it. Call the stores manager you owe and get the number to who you need to speak with,get reciepts!

    Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.