Are you f*ing serious!!!!

Okay in my area they do a free lunch program at the parks for kids under 18 and it's just a summer thing. ANYONE can come. Will I went and worked out and there was a park next to the gym, I took my kids over there. A Hispanic family was in front of me and they kept shooting me dirty looks, after a while I ask if there was a problem they told me that white people shouldn't be allow to do stuff like this and it's meant for minorities like them. My jaw dropped. I asked them to please point out where it says it's only for minorities. They ignored me then just walked out of the line and I shot back I guess you didn't pay attention to the 2010 census since it know says whites are no longer minorities here. (Don't know if that is true, I was just told that by someone else that works for the state). Can people serious believe that? Do SOME people really think American should just had them everything without working? What the hell is wrong with people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes some people do think that everything should just be handed to them. I think what happened to you is very sad and very racist, can you imagine the uproar if it had been the other way around. Sorry you had to deal with ignorant people like that, luckily not everyone is that way.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 3:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Haven't experienced this. I HAVE, when volunteering, experienced ungrateful people with a sense of entitlement wanting MORE and not saying a single thank you to all the organizers who worked long hours to put an event together... Only to be told they didn't do enough by those they were volunteering to help... ... And they weren't race specific... A rather diverse group, actually... And then, when they behave that way in front of their children~ ugggh...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I guess she felt that your children didn't deserve to eat, isn't that nice? That just goes to show how some people feel, they are entitled but they have no problem telling others, that they are NOT. Thinking it is one thing but saying that to you, imo, was way out of line...

I'm sorry that happened to you and you kids.
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Bigots come in all colors.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Are there children in your community who will go hungry this summer? Children in low-income communities are eligible to receive free or reduced-price meals during the school year through the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. But those programs end when school ends for the summer. The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Summer Food Service Program helps fill the hunger gap.

Good nutrition is essential for effective learning every day, all year long. Just as learning does not end when school lets out, neither does the need for good nutrition. Children who aren't hungry learn better, act better, and feel better. The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) helps children get the nutrition they need to learn, play, and grow throughout the summer months when they are out of school.
    Anonymous

• That would have gotten my goat. Talk about misunderstanding of public assistance! Sorry that happened mama.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• We do a dinner program every Wednesday and most of the attendees are white. Some white families bring black children with them, and we have no problems like this. I think this all goes back to stereotypes that at some point  people find themselves believing and making. You are assuming the large amount of hispanics are poor, and she's assuming all whites are not poor. Minority does not equal poor. Free lunches are decided by income, not race in the school systems.

Anonymous

• Arguing over free food. Wow
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Bigotry is ugly no matter where it comes from.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• They ignored me then just walked out of the line and I shot back I guess you didn't pay attention to the 2010 census since it know says whites are no longer minorities here.***
    THIS has nothing to do with whether or not they can afford the meals. Minority does not equal Poor.
    Anonymous