Organic? (No hormones, no dye, no artifical sweetiners)

Did it cost you more? Did you notice a difference in overall health? How about in how the kids behave?

gypsy_rose

Asked by gypsy_rose at 3:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes, it seems to cost us 3 times more. My son can't handle Dyes and HFCS so I do know when he's had something he can't tolerate because of his behavior
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• A little bit more money, but not much, like maybe 10% more. I've noticed a difference in my health definitely, but my kids have always ate organic so I have nothing to compare their health or behavior to.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Our 3 year old was given an early diagnosis of ADHD (mainly because I have it and so does my FIL) and we found that cutting out (or EXTREMELY limiting) artificial dyes has done a world of difference. I'm also not obsessed with getting everything organic but all of our dairy products are without rBGH and I try to get all of the produce on the dirty dozen list organic. It doesn't seem to be costing us that much. I used to buy coffee from starbucks everyday but I started to only go on the weekend and that money covers whatever extra costs come from buying better foods.
    discokittten

Answer by discokittten at 5:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think it is mainly a scam to charge more money for food ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2011