After surgery anyone else have a hard time keeping something down?

It's been 7 days since my surgery, puked up everything in the last 7 days besides liquids (non dairy, I seem to puke up dairy)... Well last night I made my SO tacos for dinner, and I didn't even bother to try and eat them last night. But today because I was sooo hungry I tried eating one, & it's been a hour & I haven't upchucked!!! I'm sooo happy, but I feel very nauseous though, but I'm overly excited I've kept something down for so long!!! Maybe I'll be able to eat like normal soon!!!

something_

Asked by something_ at 3:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• Have you talked to your dr ?? What kind of surgery?? One of my surgeries, I was nauseous after but only for a few hrs til the anastesia wore off. My MIL had knee surgury a few wks ago & couldn't keep much down for about 2 wks. Hope you keep gettin g better.
    sweetsinglemama

Answer by sweetsinglemama at 3:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• A complicated surgery lol. Kinda, but they did alot of stuff. I had a non-tubal ectopic pregnancy (very rare& extremely dangerous & life threatening), my sppendix out, they opened my uterus to make sure everything was alright in there, and they opened my bladder & discovered I have interstitial cystitis (thin bladder lining, bad pain, but not linked to vomiting or nausea...) and they looked at a few other things too just to make sure everything was in perfect working order.. I talked to my doctor & he said to ignore the hunger pains and not to force myself to eat and just to keep pushing liquids.. But it's been over a week since I've eaten anything & the hunger pains, well they're hard to ignore! lol
    something_

Comment by something_ (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'm guessing they gave you a really strong anti-biotic to take to guard against infection? That's probably why you are puking.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Actually, they didn't give me any antibiotics to take.. They said my white blood cell was over 10,000 so they decided against giving me an antibiotic because my body was already fighting the infections hard core. They said it shouldn't get back down to normal either because of the bladder problem...
    something_

Comment by something_ (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2011