What do you not eat and why?

Allergies? Paranoia? Health or ethical concerns? Rebellion? Religion?
[I'm curious after a coincidental chat I had with a run of people who all ate very differently.]

Womamhood

Asked by Womamhood at 3:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• many many things, and just because I am picky, but for starters... no mayo, mustard, relish, lettuce, onions, peppers, ect. and those are just side things. lol
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Liver............I will gag it back up if for some chance I actually get it down my throat............BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cottage Cheese.................It is a pscyho thing

Tripe..........born and raised in the south and just CANNOT do it.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I don't eat seafood because it grosses me out. Not that cows, pigs, and chickens aren't gross but the thought of a creepy sea creature swimming in the ocean and then in my mouth just disgusts me. Only seafood I'll eat is tuna salad because it's nothing like FISH lol. I also don't eat any organs of any animals unless it happens to be grilled up inside a hot dog and I am unaware haha.
    Anonymous

• I usually not picky but I will not even try octopus or squid tentacles. It looks and feels rubbery so I guess texture issue? I will also not eat mango off of the skin the skin makes my lips break out.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Some kinds of fish because of the mercury content I prefer not to consume.
    Regular salt but I eat sea salt.
    Corn Oil but I eat Olive Oil, or Canola Oil, or Coconut Oil.
    To mention a few.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• oysters, sardines, hot dogs, liver, sushi.... just to name the most common types of things. they are disgusting to me. the smell of these things make my stomach sick. blag!
    iheartsquishies

Answer by iheartsquishies at 3:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Spam because I like my digestive system and taste buds enough not to torture them.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I dont eat meat (no fish, eggs,tuna) nothing that ever had eyes. Been this way since i was 9 (im now 27).
    I do drink milk and eat cheese because you dont have to kill the cow, milk and cheese come from dairy cows.
    I dont eat bananas (they leave a terrible after taste), apples,baked beans
    There are a lot more things that i dont eat but wouldnt have enough room to write all of it..those are to name a few.
    No religous beliefs or anything, just plain dont like eating the stuff
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• #1 Never Ever: MUSHROOMS!!!

I am allergic, and my throat swells up and I stop breathing when I eat them (or, as I found out the hard way, try to cook them for someone else and have my face over a pan of them sauteeing...)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 3:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Tomatoes. I just never aquired a taste for them, and now they repulse me.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2011