How long after you delivered w/no complications did you wait to have sex??? Its only been a week but I feel like my body is ready..NO BASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mjensen402

Asked by mjensen402 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• We waited two days. I had literally NO trauma. People say it isn't about wheather or not you "feel" like it you can still do damage. I do not have any damage as a result, but I'm no specialist. My midwife sais to wait AT LEAST 90 days before wearing a tampon/diva cup/or vaginal insertion of toys or penis. *shrugs* I waited two days, but again, everyone is different.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• we waited the 6 weeks but it was weird for a while. I wasn't the same down there for about 6mo
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 12:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• the doc will advise 6 weeks and personally i went to a 3 week check up and started having sex once my tissue wasn't sore anymore. but i would wait another 2 or 3 weeks. just to be on the safe side
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had a c section and was having sex 8 days after it with no problems. Just be careful ok?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 12:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i had a c-section, and i only waited about a week and a half
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• When you feel ready go for it, i waited exactly a week before having sex with my husband and it turned out fine.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 12:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I waited 6 weeks with my first and I probably should have waited longer because although I thought I was ready I had a pretty bad tear with my son and it had not healed properly. So after having sex it tore again a little, which was very painful.

I think that you have to do what is best for you. If you feel like you are ready then maybe you are.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Hope all of you are on b/c :/
    Anonymous

• they tell you to wait 6wks b/c of rick of infection also. just b/c you are ok on the outside doesn't mean everything is on the insude, you uterus just had baby and placenta ripped out of it. Also I bled for 5 wks and waited until the leeding was at least over
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 12:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i waited til i had seen the dr and was cleared for sex lol
    and btw who ever posted about hoping we are on birthc control I AM NOT :p some women want their kids close together mine are 18 mo apart and when i get pregnant again my next two will be 18 mo apart mind your business if you cant offer help with the question!!!!!!
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2008