Any new ideas on how to stop (or minimiz) my chilren fighting?

My son is 7 and daughter is 4 and it seems they constantly fight. My daughter starts much of the arguments. She is pushy. My husband and I have done what we could think of ranging from the extreme nice to punishments. Any thoughts? I feel awful because they are wearing me out.

Casey S.

Asked by Casey S. at 3:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I went through this with my older 2, it was constant and 4and 6 years old and again at 8&10 yrs old, were the worst time frames... they are ow 14 and 16 and FINALLY give me some peace, but still erk each other if they can't be seperated. lol

Best advice, keep them seperated... one to one room, the other in another and time limits on games to where they have to take turns, 1 hr each and set the stove timer to go off when its the next persons turn...
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Hog tie them? No, seriously...I used to make my kids hug eachother for 10 minutes if they were fighting. They HATED it. It made us laugh and believe it or not, it worked.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• That is MY kids to a T. My son will be 8 in Oct, my daughter turned 4 in March. They're like cats and dogs all day! About the only thing that helps is to send them outside to play with the rest of the apartment kids.

They BOTH want to be the boss all the time, and NEITHER one listens to the other at all. I'm seriously considering tying them together (at the hands) and telling them that it won't come off until they work together and stop fighting. I'm thinking Mighty Ducks or Cutting Edge here.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I just read this to my husband and he just laughed when I told him I hadn't posted this. He thought I had.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011