So I went to my doctor today and.. adult content

he said baby girl will probably be here within the next week. He said I am dilated to 2 and cervix is very thin and also my placenta is dying....Have you ever heard of the placenta dying? I'm not worried I just found it interesting. If you are pregnant..where are you in your pregnancy? Close to the end? Its so hot to be pregnant right now!

(I didn't think this was adult content but flagged it just in case)

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• CONGRATS!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Congrats!!! never heard of a dying placenta though.
    BellaTragedia

Answer by BellaTragedia at 3:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would think if he said that your placenta is dying wouldnt he take your baby today??? The placenta is what gives the nutrients to your baby and your babys life line !!!! If i were you i would call a different doctor and ask them for a 2nd opinion ! To me that sounds really dangerous ! Good luck and i really hope you have a healthy baby
    Anonymous

• i am 33 weeks, i got til the end of august
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Never heard of dying placenta. Cngrats on baby being here very soon.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have never heard of the placenta dying. Thats kinda odd.
    HappyMomma2832

Answer by HappyMomma2832 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would get a second opinion.. If your placenta is dying, you need to get your baby out!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• never heard of a dying placenta! But congrats! My due date is 6 days away! My first baby girl :) I am sooo excited!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Congrats!!! It's probably fine, but call again and make sure you know what's up with the "placenta is dying" bit. I'm not trying to scare you, but babies have died if the placenta dies before they are born. If your placenta is failing, you want to make sure the baby gets out in time. It could just be the doctor used the wrong word, or maybe it's just starting to "die" but he thinks you are safe to go another week. If I were you, I'd really want a clarification on what he's doing to make sure everything goes well. Good luck!!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 4:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• congrats on your baby girl coming soon! I still have a little less then a month before my little man gets here!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2011