WTF...Why is he treating me like this?

We went on a trip this weekend and had a great time. When we got back he asked me if we could do something the next day (me, him and my son). We broke up but are trying and he has not seen my son for a couple months but we usually hang out once a week. He is not the sperm donor. He called me last night and was being offish and not very talkative. I brought up the plans and he said we never made plans, we were going to talk it about it tonight. He was being rude and was crying about how I was being mean... Today at work we were planning our work pot luck and he was being so negative to everyone. I told him to not be so negative and he worded F*ck You so no one could hear. His attitude totally changed after a lovely trip away. I tried to be comforting last night and at the same time told him that I am not going to let what he does get to me because it effect everyone around me. He gets depressed a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• There is an old saying that goes: "Love is a TWO way street."

A HEALTHY relationship is not one-sided, nor should one-person devote more than their share of effort to make it work. It sounds to me like you're putting in more than 100% effort and getting maybe 10% in return. That imbalance is not a formula for a successful relationship! You give and give and give, and he takes, and takes, and takes. You say you love him, but what does HE bring to the table--other than sex? Seriously? He should make you feel happy and it should be fun and exciting to be with him ALL the time...not once in a while. And you also have a son, who has feelings, that you need to consider. How does your son feel about this man breezing in and out of BOTH your lives?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Con't ~ I don't know what to do anymore. I can't always lift him up because he won't tell me what is going on and shuts me out because of it.
    Anonymous

• Question is: Why are YOU letting him treat you that way?
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Because I love him and I want things to work. I want to be understanding and caring like girlfriends or loved one are suppose to be and don't want it to turn around to it being my fault because I wasn't these things.
    Anonymous

• yes why are you its 2008 women are strong dont put up with that just keep your head up and move on

Anonymous

• he will always turn it around to be your fault no matter how wonderful you are, he has a problem not you. youare being a wonderful person and you dont deserve this. you are being an enabler. you must stop, sometimes loving someone isnt a reason to stay, there is so much more to a relationshop, he must also love you back in a respectable way, if he is treating you this way then he dosnt and i wouldnt put up with it. you are allowing this situation to continue. its not your responsablity to lift him up. if he isnt going to tell you what is wrong and work on it, then it is not your responsability to do it for him
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 12:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well if that is the way you feel. Let him just walk all over you then. Treat you like crap.
    Love is the only thing that counts in a relationship, right?

Answer by louise2 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I don't want to enable it and I feel like it is time to go but I want to make sure that I put my all into it before I do so that I know I did everything on my part to make this work.
    Anonymous

• talk to him and find out what is wrong?? talking helps,,,but also see if this relationship is what you want,,? thnik about yourself first and then examine your relationship?? i know you care but is this what you want in a relationship???
    seexxymama4u2me

Answer by seexxymama4u2me at 12:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think you need to find yourself a real man. Actually no, don't go looking. Learn to be happy on your own, just you and your son. Then God will bring you that perfect man. A boy that says F-you is not a man and he (sorry to say it) does not love you.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008