S/o children missing

Have you ever thought your child was missing but they were there all along? Have they gave you a heart attack?

A while back before I was headed to bed, I open the door to my kids bedroom to check on them and my daughters bed was empty. My heart stopped a ran around the place trying to find her and I couldn't. I am about ready to dial 911 and I walk back into the bedroom and before I hit spend on the phone I hear a snoring.
My daughter crawled under her bed and feel asleep.... OMG I felt like I was going to die when I couldn't find her!

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• This happened to me just today! My oldest DD was going to step out on our front step and water our rabbits in their hutch. I didn't hear or see her come back in, and when I went to see if she was just playing with the rabbits, she wasn't outside. I called for her inside, ran around looking, and no answer! I was freaking out, and then she came waltzing in the back door. She had gone out back to check on the chickens while she was at it! I was so scared I was shaking! I was convinced that someone had come along and snatched her off our doorstep!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My dd got up in the middle of the night one night to use the restroom and fell asleep on the toilet. Not sure how long she was there.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• yeah mine likes to hide.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 4:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Mine likes to go under the bed too. Not too long ago the people across the street couldn't find their little girl. They had knocked on every door asking if anyone had seen her, and by doing so the whole neighborhood was out looking for this girl. Behind their house was a field full of cows, miles long. She sent her older sons into the field to look. Called the cops. EVERYONE was looking for this kid. One of the police men found the girl under her parents bed.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Oh good god! I read this post, and the other one about casey/missing kids and just realized something. MY SON (first born) keeps disappearing on me!

18 mos he got halfway across a shoe store in 3 seconds, disappearing on me and scaring the hell out of me.
    4-5 we were at a church campout and he'd wandered to the fire next door for s'mores and didn't tell us and didn't answer to our shouts of his name. We interrupted EVERYONE looking for him.
    6-7 the bathroom incident at the mall that I commented previously.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Mine will leave her room to go cuddle on the couch with the cat
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011