My DH................

had a REALLY bad weekend, which of course trickled throughout the whole household.....hell, neighborhood. He got drunk (what a shocker) a couple of times........we spatted because I didn't want to go to a party with him in the condition he was........said I don't want to socialize, I said, no, just not under those conditions.......guess what he said? "JUST GO SOCIALIZE THEN AT A CHURCH OR AA" . I personally found it funny and I don't think he appreciated my giggling...LOL

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 4:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Does he have an id on CM? He sounds like some of the chicks here. j/k At least you know how to let his rants roll off your back.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• That is just sad. I am glad my husband doesn't drink. I am sorry you has such a horrible weekend. Has he at least said he was sorry for his actions?
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would have giggled too. My husband is a mean drunk. I learned to ignore him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Not yet, but I am sure something will come about. To be honest, that was only one incident of the weekend, and at this point, I have kind of put things on the back burner so i can concentrate on my work week...........I don't care if he thinks I don't care.
    Dahis

Comment by Dahis (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Al-anon actually sounds like a really good idea.
    Anonymous

• LMBO @ pookiekins34, sorry but that was funny and yeah the thing about drunks is why bother with them since they don't remember half the things that went or or were said in the first place. I got my dh to quit by telling him there's no more money for it since my child support has stopped and it is no longer there to pay the bills. He does understand at least. Well for now
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 4:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'm so thankful for my life. I don't know how some of you gals do it. I guess when you live it...you just adapt. I would have to recommend AA or locks changed if that were my Hubby headed down a road like that. No sense in it...complete waste of breath and money.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 5:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I lived with an addict, and an alcoholic long enough and dealt with EVERYDAY like that no thank you....NOT that I am saying that's what you are dealing with....NO intention meant at ALL!! Anyway my dh now barely ever drinks, and when he does he's just hilarious, and he knows when to quit usually, plus we don't have a lot of money so if we're at the bar he hardly drinks at all...most of the time he drinks when him and a friend play beer pong....I'm friends with the wife and he's friend's with the dh kinda thing...we all hang out together, and they like to play and that's probably the most he ever drinks but he's not a total idiot so no worries for me anymore....
    3angels23

Answer by 3angels23 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011