Fat question......

Are people who are skinny everywhere on their bodies except their mid section considered skinny? I've noticed lately how so many people seem to have skinny legs and arms but have an innertube around their bellies.
I'm chunky, all over (gained a ton of weight with baby #3 and never got motivated enough to loose it before having my next baby) but when I'm skinny I'm skinny everywhere. I was thinking this could be a drinking thing, like a beer belly, but I'm seeing it on children who are definately too young to be drinking. Also how can you only get fat in one area? I'd love to know because I'd love to have only one problem spot to work on! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• It's all about diet and heredity. People of Native American and Hispanic ethnicities tend to gain weight mostly in the mid section area and no where else. With poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle, young girls in their pre-teens will gain weight in their mid-section first but it will most likely catch up with the rest of their bodies after puberty.
    noteven1nce

Answer by noteven1nce at 6:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have a few friends who are only fat in their mid section but they do not drink. It drives me nuts to see people big in the middle and small every where else cause idk how they do it...I am chunky all over but i would love to get the skinny legs
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 5:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Lots of reasons. Some of it is body shape. Some people gain weight in their mid-section. When I was younger, I was a bean pole, but I always had thicker hips and thighs, that's where my weight goes. Now that i'm 41 it goes all over the place lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have a thicker mid section and so does my husband, WE have been trying to decrease it, some people have a flatter mid section but I've heard to achieve that is to excersise often, strength training and eating right.
    but i've also heard the bigger the belly the more stress we have.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2011