How much effort do you put in a day to keep things organized and running smoothly? Is it worth it?

I find that I can spend countless hours in a day getting things ready for what's next and end up missing out on the things happening right under my nose!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have everything pretty well set up so I am not stressing over organization. For now anyway.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Being organized does really help family life to run smoother, but you have to have balance as well. Some flexibility is always necessary.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 5:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my screen name says it best, lol
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I feel like I spend the day running to get things done so I can sit and enjoy my family and then the next thing I know there's something happening tomorrow and I have to get ready for that too! man!!!
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I put no effort into housekeeping.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• CometGirl so does that mean your house is a mess, you have someone else clean it or you are so good at it that it's no effort at all, because if it's the last one tell me your secret!!!!
    Today I took the kids to VBS and then went to work, picked the kids up, dropped them off with dh at home and headed back to work. Got home just in time to make a quick dinner and head out to a b-day party and after that stopped in to see my grandma who had a bad day and then home well after bed time, got everyone into bed and am about to get the baby changed and settled for the night. Today nothing was done here other than dh unloading the dishwasher. We still have a ton of things do get done but I'm spent and there's another busy day ahead of me tomorrow! So I could go to bed and get the rest I need to function tomorrow or I can clean the house and collapse. I can't find a happy medium!!!
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2011