Inflatable Kayaks?

Do you have one or know someone that does? Is it a good product? Can I put it in my car and inflate it once we get to the lake? My son and I are looking into getting a two person inflatable kayak until we can save up the money to have the rack installed on my car and buy a kayak that will last awhile. Any info that you can give me on inflatable kayaks would be great.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 5:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Shopping

• I have one, and I can tell you it is good, the only bad part is blowing it up, so try to get one with an electric pump so it will be painless to do so.

Answer by older at 5:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It has been sitting in my attic for years, and sorry to say I have no idea!!!

Answer by older at 6:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• What kind of river, lake, etc. are you planning on kayaking in? We have a local river that is a BIG tourist attraction every year, but the water is much too rough for an inflatable kayak. I actually kayaked it a while back in a regular kayak. It was tough. I know that people use inner tubes as well, but never anything inflatable. Just use caution.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think they are loads of fun but use a foot pump inflator ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Older, what brand/model do you have?
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2011