Do any of y'all have Hubbys/SOs that work long crazy hours?

My fiance works 80-100 hr work weeks... What is y'alls secret in making things work?

We make sure we're always communicating with one another and definitely making sure to take time to have date nights :)

RigPrincess85

Asked by RigPrincess85 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Mine is military so yes lol. There's times he's gone for a week or two at a time, he gets called in to work odd shifts like 7pm-4am he did last night and then back in from 12-6 today, we just never really know lol. Just have to be willing to spend time together whenever you can.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I work full time at a job and DH takes care of kids, and works when I'm home so sometimes he's gone all night working and comes home when it's time for me to go to work....He works for himself in our neighbor's shop
    3angels23

Answer by 3angels23 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Mine works a min. of 72 hrs a week. Just make the most out of the time you do have together. Quick texts or phone calls on our breaks or even a picture message just to say hi, lol. I know it sounds weird. When he gets home everything is done so we have time to just hang out. Its hard but you can do it.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• @ amazinggrace hehe it doesn't sound weird at all, we do that too :)
    RigPrincess85

Comment by RigPrincess85 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Wow, that is a lot of hours. I don't think we would survive. My husband works a regular work week so I am lucky to be able to be a sahm and be able to afford it.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Oh yeah, DH is a cop---he works really odd and really long hours.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 5:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My Hubby is gone for 14 days and home for 3 days. We've been doing this for years. You just get in what you can, when you can and make the most of that time really "count" for something for you both. We both know that his time at home is so critical to have family and couple time that we are always on the same page. Also, we need each other very much in our days...so texting, free cell minutes and photos and videos help alot to share stuff that we cannot share in person. He travels so...pictures really are worth a 1,000 words sometimes. He misses out on alot that goes on around home & I miss out on alot wherever he is. I send pics/so does he. It makes our day. When he is done for the day, we call, we watch tv together over cell even if we don't have same channels...just the time/sharing is wonderful. Then we fall asleep and it starts all over the next day til he comes home.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 5:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My husband sometimes will work 60 hour weeks during his busy season. However, he goes to work at 7 am and at the latest comes home by 6:30 or so. He's exhausted and stressed, but at least he is not at work into the night. I work full time so I'm usually coming home at 6:30.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my so work 730-6 m-f; and every third saturday For his full-time job. Then he has side jobs (he's a mechanic) sometimes he's out till 11pm
    Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 6:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Must be some oil rig wives on here lol. yes my dh works about 75 hours a week and hes only home on wknds :( it sucks but we make time for each other.
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2011