Hindsight being 20/20 would you still marry or what would you do different?

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 5:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I would still marry my hubby of 39 years, would not do anything different, he is the best thing that has happened to me and my life.

Answer by older at 5:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd still marry.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• We would have waited to have our first child. We were not old enough, mature enough, prepared enough. DH was not done with college, we did not have established careers, we did not have the money to support ourselves and a baby and we had only been married for 2 months when I got pregnant. Everything would have gone much smoother, even today if we had just waited 2-3 years.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I honestly don't know that I would have.....I LOVE my DH very much!! Don't get me wrong but he has a HORRIBLE temper, and I don't like his family...they aren't nice to me, and yet I'm always the B#tch... idk
    3angels23

Answer by 3angels23 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My hubby and I have been to hell and back. This month will be married 8 years and yes I would still have married him. It has not been easy but I think he is the one for me.
    mommyjewel

Answer by mommyjewel at 5:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I was 16 when I was 1st pregnant and thought it was the right thing to do to stay with the father of the baby and we married when she was 20 months..... well now I realize I should have not said a word to him, broke up with him and moved on...and this 2nd marriage I thought was going to be all wonderful and rushed right into it and realize now I married a better person but still not the family man he said he wanted to be...I suck at finding men time to switch directions
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Since both my kids happened after we got married I'd still do that. We've had some terrible struggles but I would not say I wish we'd put off our kids or that I'm sorry we had them. None of it was their fault and most of the struggle has been because of immature behavior from him. But I'd be a hell of a lot smarter about money and how I handled certain problems.
    Anonymous

• This is such a hard one, because I love my dh of 12 years but I really underestimated how much grief his family would cause us over the years. I thought they would get better with time (because I was young and apparently naive) but instead they have gotten much, much worse. I would still marry him, but I would insist that he get counseling beforehand to learn how to deal with his family in a better way (he tends to just put his head down and wait for them to run out of steam- but they never do, and interpret his silence as agreement.) And, if possible, I would insist he got family counseling with his parents and brother before we got married.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• No i would not!! thats why i posted the question that i just did!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Absolutely still marry! :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 5:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011