Due date question:

My due date is July 17th, has been since January. I was looking over my OB paperwork that my doctor has me carry around everywhere, and based off of my last two ultrasounds, both in March, it says my estimated due date is July 24th... but everything else and my doc says it is the 17th. Is this strange? Does it matter or mean anything?

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 5:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would assume the one your doctor is going off of is based on your lmp, the ones from your u/s are based off the baby's weight, length, and general size.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• due dates are just an estimate time on when the birth of a baby is. Babies come when they are fully ready and sometimes they come out way to early or way to late and dr has to say ok time for baby to come. So the due date is somewhere around july 17th and the 24th. So any of those days will be the big day or in between those days.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 5:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Not really strange, Docs hardly ever hit in the head with those dates..

Answer by older at 5:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yeah it's rarely ever right. My due date was July 10th my whole pregnancy and my daughter was born July 17th. It's all just a guesstimate. You're close, though!! Congrats in advance!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 5:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• that was supposed to be dr not fr!! sorry!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• it happens. According to my lmp my due date is Dec. 24 but according to my last ultrasound it's Dec. 31...no biggie :) COngrats in advance mama!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Not strange, one is probably based on last menstrual period and one is based on baby size. My paper work says I'm due 12/28 but my Dr says according to Ultrasound, I'm really due 1/5.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 7:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Ultrasound is based on measurements, what the fr says is based on your last period. There usually is about a week between actually. Baby will come when he/she is ready, and at this point, could be anytime!!! Good luck and congrats!!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• dont sweat it the docs are guessing, you and your baby will know when the time is right :)
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Why did it get changed?
    Is this your first baby?
    Do you have an OB?
    How does your fundal height measure?

I encourage you to work to find the answer if you don't know why it was changed.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2011