Do you think that everyone has a "twin" somewhere in the world.

How many times have you been told that "I saw someone that looked exactly like you"? Probably if you were introduced to this twin, you would say they look nothing like you. But do you think that somewhere in the world you have a non-related twin who does look exactly like you or do you know of someone now that people confuse you with?

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 5:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have had some people in a clinic say I was identical to someone that worked in that building and if they saw me on the street they said they would have thought I was her
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Maybe. Honestly, I've never seen anyone who looks like me. Not even in my family, so it would be pretty cool to see someone that did.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 5:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i got into a full fledge argument when i first moved to the state im in now (ky) about how this guy swore i went to high school with him! i went to school in New york where i was born and raised so yeah i am assuming that their is someone out here that looks just like me!! haha!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 5:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I don't know if everyone does, but i do know that at least one person does

Several years ago I was working at a high school. The students were getting ready to welcome some exchange students from Germany to their school. The group from Germany had sent pictures of themselves to our school prior to their trip. The librarian placed these photos in a displays case so that the students could see who their visitors would be.  We were all stunned.  one of the boys from Germany looked EXACTLY like one of the students at the school.  Even the boy in question was amazed.  People were asking if he was adopted and seperated at birth.  Even the German students were stunned by it.  There is a picture in the yearbook of the two of them and they really do look like identical twins. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have never heard anyone say I look like someone they know.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 6:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yes, and I ended up training her for my position when I was leaving a job to move. lol
    I walked into the cooler and there she was, she even had her hair pulled back the same way as I did. We looked the exact same, I was just a couple of inches taller.
    One of my bosses came in to introduce us and he forgot who was who. After that I cracked jokes about how they were going to miss me so much they had to replace me with my twin. lol
    This one other time, my husband and I were in line at Chipotle and this guy standing right in front of my husband looked JUST LIKE HIM. They had the same clothes and glasses and hair cut as well. The same exact height and face... omg it was freaky. The guy didn't notice my husband until he was paying for his burrito (which they ordered the SAME EXACT BURRITO) and the employee thought they were both together. The guy turned, saw Duncan, turned white and ran out of there after paying (cont...)
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• The employee was a little confused, and I actually had to explain that we had no clue who that guy was. "So... he wasn't your twin brother?" lol
    We left Chipotle and the guy was sitting in the parking lot and watched us go to our car... and guess what. DRIVING THE SAME FRICKEN CAR AS MY HUSBAND! rofl, by this time even my husband was wigging out. To this day we joke around about the guy being his twin. Especially since we don't know anything about his dad and his mom's story about his birth/way early child hood has holes in it... makes you wonder lol
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• WOW.. what a story Gnomeofmyheart!! Too funny! Yeah, it makes u wonder..hmm.. I have been mistaken a few times in my life, however, I had two girlfriends growing up, and we were all so similar. I definately would like to meet my "twin" and get to know her!! lol Yes, I do think others have twins, we moved across the country and found some of our old customers from back home, to have twins here in this city we live in now.
    SOPHIASMOM

Answer by SOPHIASMOM at 8:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2011