2 part question.....

Do you volunteer anywhere? Do you get out and help in the community? What about helping to solve problems in your area? Do you get out and do anything to contribute to solutions?

Do you think that money has anything to do with your ability to contribute or a person's ability?  Why/Why not? 

(I have no idea where to put this)

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I work for a non-profit. Considering my skills and degree i make about half of what i should so i kind of consider it volunteering. I also a decent chunk of money to my work. My church also does a crapload of community outreach for which i donate supplies and my time.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I volunteer a couple days a week. I have very little but still help where I can because there is always someone worse off.
    Anonymous

• Yes, yes and yes. Money helps because you have more time to devote to volunteer when you do not have to work long and hard to make ends meet. There are only so many hours in a day and the needs of the family should always come first.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 7:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I wish I had more time to volunteer, but we do donate to some local charities. I feel that the jobs I have are a form of helping in the community tho, esp teaching life-saving skills like CPR & the Heimlich maneuver.  Obviously people with more financial resources would be able to donate more than those w/ a lesser income.  As to volunteering, I guess that would depend on how much spare time you have- and that is not necessarily an income based problem. 

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I usually donate to people in need specifically, not to any large charity. Like my employer always collects for employees that have been through a crisis situation (house fire, death in the family, serious medical problems that rack up massive bills). Or other events specifically like the tsunami that happened. Stuff like that. I'm not real big on charities because i don't know how the money is used or how much reaches it's intended purpose.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yes, I do volunteer. And no, you don't have to be wealthy to make a difference
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yes I do. I have volunteered with Boy Scouts for 17 years. I love Boy Scouts. We have the best time.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Nope, not right now. Used to do it all the time when the kids were in school. I still give to animal charities (much more appreciative than people) and to emergency causes when needed.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2011