Toxins in breastmilk during weight loss

I have a question on the toxins in breast milk, I'm so confused about it and the more I read the worse it seems. I can't decide to start the raw diet/ juice fast or wait until I'm done breastfeeding, but shes only 10 months old. You seem to be able to get adequate calories, it's just the whole losing weight releasing toxins and how do they effect the baby? I have a ton of weight to lose from 2 pregnancy and years of nursing. I'm really willing to give this a go to better myself and my health is suffering from the weight. But I do not wish to harm the baby in anyway. My SO is fully willing to give this a whole hearted go with me and the new lifestyle will rub off on the kids too. I plan to combine this with lots of exercise and family outings. All this weight an addiction to food is holding us down from being happy. I want to do a juice fast with protein supplements, and some others for a max or 90 days. Then after that incorporating 5 small healthy meals a day while still juicing and doing a detox fast 1 week a month. I also plan on nursing my DD until 18 months. But the whole toxin thing has me worried, I read the longer you nurse the less toxins there are and that it's .o1% the go into breast milk. Would that hurt my 10 month old? I don't want to use formula, but I feel like I need this weight under control I have well over 100lbs to lose to get to a "healthy" weight. No bashing please only helpful answers thanks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• While you are breast feeding you can diet but there are guidlines. Breast feeding it's self burns calories. I think a good healthy diet and increases exercise for now and then extreme diets after you are done. Check out these basic guidelines for dieting while breast feeding

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• well, number one, breastfeeding won't cause you to gain weight, you actually burn 800 calories a day from breast feeding, so you LOSE weight..

two, WHY detox like that? It's completely unhealthy for the baby AND you.. cutting down to 3 small healthy meals with exercise and plenty of water will help you accomplish the same goals AND it's healthy for you and your baby.

There are programs online that can help you count calories and opt for healthier meal options and exercises to help reach your weight goal.. include that you are breastfeeding into your calorie counter (you can find some for breastfeeding moms out there).. You really should look into them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• The only way you could put toxins in your milk through exercise is if you run over 3 miles every day and do heavy weight lifting. You can still use the eliptical and run but limit it to two miles of running or 4 miles of walking and don't push yourself too much on weights. And if for some reason you did go over board, it wont hurt your baby; it will just taste different than usual. So just pump and dump afterwards.
    noteven1nce

Answer by noteven1nce at 6:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would consult a nutritionist before you start anything!
    Kterer

Answer by Kterer at 1:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Not everyone loses weight breastfeeding I have gained every time, I lost weight during pregnancy gained while breastfeeding lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2011