If/when to have a 3rd child ?

just a topic i thought id bring up for discussion.. id like to know how many kiddos some of you ladies have at home and how you feel about it.. one, two, three or more? Husband and i have two. One boy & one girl. JUST barely over 2 yrs apart. Hes 2 1/2 and she is 8 months old tomorrow actually. We've discussed whether or not a third is in our future [distant future] and our minds arent totally made up on the subject. We knew the third would be definate if our daughter had been a boy but since shes clearly not, who knows. We love children and are very open to having and loving another child if it were to happen. [ i hate the term "oops baby" but if that were the case we would never mind]

I feel very balanced for now & can honestly say i feel very blessed to have easy going children.. im not by any means saying my kids dont know how to have tantrums like the best of em' but they really are easy. The tantrums that do occur are few and far between & man oh man my kids have been great sleepers since the day they were born! And food? pssh! i dont call them my chunky little monkeys for nothing! They have some healthy appetites and both are people persons. They Love to be held and played with by anyone willing to join in. Id like to think that my husband and I's laid back personalities have alot to do with our children but who knows.. maybe its luck. haha but either way my kids have never left me feeling overwhelmed. So many people i know have said, your first is too good to be true the second will be a terror.. and yet shes not.. and here i am getting alot of the same thing again.. im too lucky with my first two, the third will be horrendous!

I feel as though many people these days seem to not be wanting a lot of kids, whether its finances or maybe just todays world? id like someone elsees imput on it.. any moms out there who said one is more then enough for them maybe? i suppose its all about the person and what feels best for them and their family and situation.

i must say I love the fact my kids at least have eachother. I myself was an only child and really wish i had a sibling to grow up with, someone to share my secrets with, fight with, laugh with or even watch get tucked in at night with me.

Unfortunitly for me i have very difficult pregnancies. The actual getting pregnant seems to be the easiest part but from there on out im plagued with some horrible morning sickness [a good 4 months worth and having to be heavily medicated in order to keep an ounce of anything down & turst me months 5 thru 9 werent a picnic either!] I think i lived in a bed for my first pregancy and for my second, lets just say it must have been a real sight to see me toss my 1 yr old over my shoulder and bolt to the bathroom! [ despite my displeasure i must say my son thought it was hilarious!] and to make matters worse my labors werent easy either. I opted for epiderals, but apparently that wasnt in my cards because for some odd reason they dont work for me.. and i had a 8.8 lb boy followed by a 9 lb. girl who i might add didnt even come out the correct way! oh the fun! i swore up and down NEVER AGAIN! Not ever! and yet here i am.. 8 months later thinking about how amazed i am by how much someone can love two little people they way i love my two. Its strange how motherhood works sometimes. i think God intended for women to forget about the pain it takes to bare children otherwise theyd never want more! haha

okay, okay.. back on the topic and enough of my ranting.. How many kids do you have? do you want more? how about your husband? and what ages do you think is best? pros and con of having them far apart or having them closer together? do you have siblings? how many and what were your age gaps? Id like to hear other views on the topic! thanks :]

kp0469

Asked by kp0469 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• waiting to read answers to ur question,since i m in ur situation as well
    charakhan

Answer by charakhan at 6:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• haha too funny
    kp0469

Comment by kp0469 (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• . How many kids do you have? >>>> I have 2 girls..

do you want more?>>> definitely not at this point in my life.. maybe in the distant future, but not anymore now. I'm happy with the kids I have, and love them, but I don't think I could handle three being a single mom.

how about your husband?>>> me and their father are no longer together

and what ages do you think is best?>>> I LOVE when they are babies.. and I'm starting to love preschool age too.. I'm not a fan of terrible twos lol. With babies I love the cuddling, the easy giggles and laughs, the milestones, the innocence. WIth preschool age I love being able to play more and more with her and take her to fun places and basically be a kid again myself. (I have a 7 month old and a 3 1/2 year old).

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• pros and con of having them far apart or having them closer together?>>>> my kids are 2 weeks shy of 3 years apart. (dec 8th and 22nd).

pros: I get to enjoy each of them for their own personalities, they are far enough apart where I don't yet have constant fighting over toys, my 3 year old loves to help out with her
    cons: sometimes my oldest wishes she had more friends that were girls that she could play with on a daily basis and sometimes a 7 month old is not her idea of a friend. At times she can get a little jealous about the feedings.

my dd has a cousin born the same day as her, and they constantly are rivaling against each other about certain things that too close I feel can be difficult as well if they are the opposite gender. ( I guess that's what happens when you not only have to share your birthday with someone, but you also have to share christmas which is SOO close to their bdays)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• do you have siblings? >>> yes I have a brother
    how many and what were your age gaps?>>>> we are about 17 months apart
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011