Is it wrong? What would you do?

My daughter had a 24 month well check up apppointment today she was going to get some shots and a physical. I had to re schedule because it's pouring out here. I live in san Diego where in the rain people don't know how to drive. on a rainy day we average about 200- 300 car accidents. I am being completly serious. I've always had a rule that we would not drive in the rain or on holidays for the higher danger of something happening. I got it rescheduled for 2 weeks. I had no idea it was going to rain, it never really does so I didn't have the rain in the back of my mind to be honest. Is it wrong? could I have done something else? I only want advice and helpful answers please. What would you have done?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 12:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have learned after 63 years to always listen to my intuition. I've made many decision changes due to my inner thoughts warning me and I have found out why on most occasions. When my husband and I lived in San Diego I was getting ready to go pick him up at the dock. At the last second something told me to leave my infant daughter at home. I immediatly went to my neighbor friend for a short baby sitting job. I left, picked up hubby and on the way home an officer in a Volkswagon fell asleep and rolled right into our lane turning on his side. We hit him underneath. We only had a couple of scrapes but their was no safety seats for kids. The officer was badly injured but lived. That's a true example of why God gave you common sense....Listen to it. Happy Holidays!
    puppieluv

Answer by puppieluv at 5:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I can't answer because I can't imagine canceling anything because of the rain, everywhere I've lived people drive in the rain, they get into accidents but that's why I drive slow and avoid others keep a big gap between cars. But you did what you thought was best.
    Anonymous

• I would have been very carefull a drove to the doctors apointment. We live in Oklahoma and they don't know how to drive in rain here either.

Answer by louise2 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• What would I have done? I would have taken my kid in for his well-visit and vaccinations.

Is 2 weeks going to make a difference? No. But what are you going to do if it rains in 2 weeks again?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Why is it that Californian's can only drive in nice sunny weather? Come on people. That's just an excuse. Don't run your life driven by fear. That is why we pray and have faith.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have to say that you did right to follow your instincts. I live in Florida and we get some terrific storms from time to time, if my appointments fall on one of those stormy days, I reschedule them. I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 12:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• thats soo funny my best friend moved to cali and said that people were so annoying cause they litteraly did 30 mph on the freeway because they didn't know how to drive in the rain. I live in ohio and it rains ALL the time. i'll do 70-75 on the highway... its just rain. however if there is sitting water on the road off hte highway.. on normal roads thats when im more careful. You should try driving in snow =D now thats fun. even snow we'll drive 40 on. you just have to get comfortable with it
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i would have left very early and driven very slow and watched the road and other drivers like a hawk
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 12:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• HAHAHA! RAIN! try drivin on black ice and snow... you did what you thoughyt was best but if you lived around here well then your kid would never see dr cuz its always bad.. what shouold you do.. LEARN TO DRIVE!
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• As a fellow Californian: I understand COMPLETELY what you are talking about. I don't know what it is about the rain that just makes people drive like..idiots. You don't have to drive like a turtle but you do have to be more careful.
    Anyway, back to your question: I think I would have done the same thing. If it's just a check up and vaccinations: they can wait.
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008