Husbands? adult content

Okay I need to vent and ask for advice....

My DH , DD and me went camping with our friends this past weekend and I felt like my suppose to be best friend is flirting and trying to get my husbands attention. The reason I felt like this was because she asked me to ride to the store with her and then sent her husband with me so she could stay behind with my husband... And then we all were drinking and me and my husband went to bed well we shared a two room tent with our friends their idea not mine...Well my husband was sleeping by the divider and my friend was on the other side of the divider and there was a slit at the bottom not very big but big enough to stick your arm under...Well I went to grab my husbands hand and I found them holding hands my husband doesnt remember but of course he was really drunk and couldnt remember everything..Then the next night we went catfishing and I was sitting in the middle of them two and I felt like I shouldnt have been there because I was in the way...He said he was just picking on her but why did they have to get so close to me in order for them to touch each other....Which I brough all this up and he said they were just joking around....Oh yeah and she is always complaining how much she wished she never married her husband whenever he is a really nice person and does anything for her....
I am so confused and dont know what to do...anyone willing to give me advice....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Ok. You are NOT imagining things. Something is going on. They are "trying" to be together (like sleeping by the divider) and holding hands??? No way sister!! He didn't remember is an excuse, IMO. It's time to confront or wait until you catch them doing something undeniable...it's' up to you. Nip it in the bud if you can. Your "friend" is no friend at all and your husband needs a good wake up call. So sorry you're going through this.

hugs

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 6:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Tell them both that they made you uncomfortable and that even though they say it was joking around, that it was inappropriate. How good of a friend is this? She sounds like an attention whore. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone like that. You should be super honest with hubby and tell him that you are upset about it. If you ignore it, it will keep going on and they'll most likely cross the line.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Watch out! Maybe time to invest in a friend that's NOT a homewrecker!
    something_

Answer by something_ at 6:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Watch her and him too
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• That is not good.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• sounds like they're up to something.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 6:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Watch out. My husband's ex wife did exactly that - took her best friend's husband (flirted and hung around him and they both eventually left their spouses for each other).
    Anonymous

• i would watch them BOTH! i hate to be so negative.. esp. since i dont know you, your husband, or your bestfriend.. but with the amount of marriages that end in divorce now a days.. and the percentage of the men that have affairs! You wouldnt believe the numbers. i once read that 80% of women who suspected their spouses of cheating are correct! Follow your gut instinct! Just from reading your whole story about the hand holding crap and the store incident has my guts thinking something is up there! Be careful. I once knew someone in your exact positon.. only she had no clue til she stumbled across the proof! and then all the little coinsidenses that she orginally thought of as nothing all pieced together! good luck and for your sake i hope your wrong :/
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would watch out for both of them.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I bet it has crossed the line. This is the same crap that led to my parents' nasty divorce.

Sad part is, my mom is still seeing the guy, 3 yrs later, and he doesn't even like her anymore... now that he's completely ruined his friendship with my dad, LOL, and my mom has completely ruined the life she spent 20yrs building...

Get this on the table, now. Have them over to your house for dinner, and present all this to them in front of her husband. Once it's out, discuss what the consequence should be. That's entirely too close for comfort. Especially holding hands. That'd been a deal breaker for me.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011