Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Is anyone familiar with CCS (California childrens services ins)

I am wondering if CCS covers a star band helmet from scope? My son has mild plagiocephaly and im wondering if they only cover if its severe. It would be under DME (durable medical equipment) in the book but i couldnt find anything online.

Answer Question

Asked by mikailas_mom at 6:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Kids' Health

Level 9 (326 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • If you can get a referral to your local children's hospital to a pediatric neurosurgeon, they may be able to code it in a way to cover the helmet, and they can oversee the treatment. Have you gone to the specialist yet?

    If you are Northern CA, for this problem, I would recommend Stanford or UCSF (avoid CH-Oakland), if in socal Children's Hospital-LA. These three have very good pediactric neuro departments.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.