How can I keep my son cool?

My son is 10 months old and he is big for his age. He is constantly sweating!! I can only put him in the pool or bath so many times a day and my house isnt designed well for an air conditioner!! What can I do to help him stay cool?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 6:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ice in those little munchkin net things for him to chew on, let him play with a cool washrag, get a couple of fans to circulate your air, of course make sure he can't reach them lol....my dd is almost 10 months and pretty much walking...
    3angels23

Answer by 3angels23 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I was going to get some fans but he's been walking since 8 months and tries to stick his fingers in the ones we have
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Try buying the Dyson fans. I know they are a bit expensive but worth it for safety.
    http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=dyson+fan&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=18379934328030421674&sa=X&ei=9XsbTuOLDsnw0gHc66DbBw&ved=0CHAQ8wIwAg
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Maybe give him something cool to put in his mouth.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Then you need to put the fans high enough that he cannot get to them and then put a bowl of ice in front of them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Give him a cool wash rag to play with.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I fill a bottle with cold water and dribble it into her hair and chest, let her go in only diapers at home, stay near a fan and AC, try cool clothes dipped in cool water..

at 10 months you can do 4 ounces of juice or water with ice in it too .
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'm a fan of letting them go in just diapers as well as wetting their hair and chest with water. Also we make sure the blinds are all closed during the times of the day when it gets the hottest. The sun heats up our living room very badly starting around 3 pm everyday and if they aren't closed its as bad as sitting outside.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 12:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• These answers are very helpful, Yes try everything these girls are saying..Ice, Just wearing diapers and sprinkling water on your dd..GL, Hope it works.
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It's kind of old-fashioned, but baby powder works really well and now with all the different types (talc, cornstarch, lavender, chamomile) - they are really soothing. You may have to re-apply, but in conjunction with the other solutions listed here, it might help some.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 1:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011