How can I stop this...

My son just turned one and has started screaming really loud for everything. If the toy doesn't do what he wants, he screams...same with everything. Not just any scream either, he has a high pitched squeal! It makes my skin crawl everytime he does it. Why has he started doing this all of a sudden?

sidzwif

Asked by sidzwif at 12:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is learning new ways to deal with frustration and anger. He'll learn better ways over time. The best thing I've found is to ignore this. If the screaming doesn't get him anything - not even a glare from you - then he will try something else. If you sternly tell him to stop, spank him, or shout at him then he learns that he gets a reaction.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• my daughter does the same thing, she is 10 months, she is loud and squely to, but it didnt just start lol, she has always done it, i still havent figuired out why yet, but thank you for posting, i can learn while you do lol : D
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• my daughter does that too. her lovely brother and sister taught it to her. she is okay all day but as soon as they walk in the door she starts it and it continues all night. i told them that evry time i heard her scream like that i was going to slap them in the mouth
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008