I was 16 when I got pregnant

Sometimes, I look back and I'm proud for not aborting after my birth control failed. I didn't know I would be a single mother, but I did know I'd be hard.

and sometimes, I feel like giving up, wondering why I didnt just have the abortion?

My poor babygirl doesnt deserve to have a mother who regrets having her.

I dont know how I can hold out doing everything by myself anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• That is one sad statement, give her up for adoption and find someone who will want to do what you can't.

Answer by older at 6:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• How long ago did you give birth? Sounds like you may have postpartum depression. Talk to your doctor.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 6:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• give her to a family that can raise her. there are a lot of couples that cant have kids.
    Anonymous

• Every mother has hard times. Not every moment of mother hood is elation. There is no fairy tale. Life is rough. BUT you CAN do it. Surround yourself with people who lift you up, and don't talk down to yourself. There is power in positive thinking. Embrace your situation and move forward-you can't go back now.
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 6:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• How old are you now? I think you did a very brave thing, and you could even do a braver one, by making sure you little one has the best life possible,, this could mean anything from adoption to getting some counseling,,you are amazing and you must believe in yourself!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I was 16 too when i found out i was pregnant. My bf cheated on me with a married woman and before i gave birth he came back wanting forgiveness. I said no and have been raising my daughter on my own. It's not easy being a single teen mother and your daughter will always love you like you love her. I think she will understand how you feel one day. I feel awful cause my daughter deserves both parents in her life and instead she has one and its all because i had unprotected sex. You are very brave and trust me when you see your daughter smile, hear her laugh, crawl, walk, and all those good things it will all be worth it.
    Jaydens_mom616

Answer by Jaydens_mom616 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Wait a minute baby! Your daughter, your princess, your Cutie patootie; she's loving every second she is alive! Thanks to you she will play dress up, experience a broken heart, have a puppy and one day she will be a mother.
    I'm 30; I have a 14 yr old, 10 yr old and an 8 yr old princess. I would not change my past for anything. Don't have regrets. You will see life is very good even thru the worst of times. Don't runaway mentally stay and stand your ground, emotionally, mentally, physically and LOVINGLY!!
    leilah3

Answer by leilah3 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011