How do you apply Bare Minerals or other mineral foundation?

I never get that flawless glowing look? What am I doing wrong? I have good skin. Is there a specific technique?

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Next using the max concealer brush dot on the bisque (my color for cover up). Sprinkle your foundation (mine is medium) in the lid. Using the flawless brush swirl it around the in the foundation & gently tap it a few times. Now starting at your temples, swirl your brush down around thru your cheeks then to your chin (making an "E" or a "3") I do a figure 8 on my chin & swirl around my nose & figure 8 my forehead. I use the handy kabuki brush for warmth powder. VERY LITTLE! You want to barely brush your cheeks, chin and nose. where sun would hit you. Now for the mineral veil. using same flawless brush (I blow or brush out excess from before) use same technique as you did the foundation powder. think "E" or "3". Then finally the same for the sunscreen powder too, some in the lid, swirl, tap & make and "E" or "3" and figure 8 your chin & forehead. don't forget the swipe on the nose. I also use their eye shadows so if you want my tips there too just let me know! Good luck
    allord

Answer by allord at 6:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• How To Apply Bare Minerals Makeup | eHow.com
    How to Apply Bare Minerals Makeup. Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals is a popular, new cosmetic and body care company striving to simplify women's lives.
    www.ehow.com/how_2178547_apply-bare-minerals-makeup.html -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• YouTube - Bare Minerals (Foundation) Application
    Bare Minerals application. Note that my methods are different ...
    11 min - www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYSwiXrj2uk
    vbruno

• i.d. bareMinerals
    bareMinerals | makeup so pure you can sleep in it ... In-depth How-To Guide that details every product and how to best apply your bareMinerals ...
    www.bareminerals.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BareMinerals-Site/default/ProductConfigurator-Step1 -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• wouldn't it be great if someone would just take a minute to give you a simple answer? I'd like the answer as well but not taking the time to link to sites and read all day. Since no one here seems to have a simple answer I think I will go to the mall department store and ask the clerks who sell cosmetics. At least that way the person answering the question won't give a link I could get by a google search. How uncaring is that? I guess some ppl just don't think the question is worth thinking about and giving a real reply. How sad is that?

Answer by admckenzie at 5:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I totally agree admckenzie!!! It is very sad that someone just shoots off google answers, I thought CafeMom was about real moms giving real personal advice & opinions. Hmmmm, what was I thinking....
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 5:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Having trouble fitting it in 1000 characters so here's the first one....

I just bought it & have been improving with each use. Here's what I do:
    allord

Answer by allord at 6:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Sorry 'bout that! if you need further help I'll try to answer... like I said... I'm still new to it too! Let me know how it turns out! Hope it helps!
    allord

Answer by allord at 6:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• CRAP! I just noticed part was excluded! I begin with the skin rev-ver upper & foundation primer! Whew! Ok, I'm done now... I think!
    allord

Answer by allord at 6:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I never did either, I have small pores and relatively good skin, the makeup looks good for 30 seconds and then is gone. It doesn't stick to my skin at all.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2008