Anyone moving to ND for the oil boom?

Im just curious of how many Cafe Moms are moving to ND because their home state is in recession?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• Check the ND weather map. They just had a major flood.
    Anonymous

• That was only in one city in ND. And yes it was a massive Flood.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My DH got offered a job up there.... ND 2 weeks then home 2 weeks, he declined it but had considered it.  Many guys around here are considering going. 

The entire state didn't flood FYI.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• One city. You are naive as hell. Do some research before you move.
    Anonymous

• Exactly. There are sooo many people moving here its crazy. I grew up here and in our local paper yesterday they wree saying how our poplulation is increasing by over 50 percent. The jobs are wonderful and theres a problem if you cant find a job around here but the housing situatuion is beyond sad :(. I love having new people come to town but its forcing the locals out because we cant afford 2500.00 a month rent.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would do some research before doing so... my hubs is in the oilfield and if there is one thing I know is that it's incredibly up and down... My hubs got offered jobs in Pennsylvania and ND and turned both of them down.
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I love ND, don't get me wrong, I am originally from there and have most of my extended family there, but I will only be going there to visit! For those of you that say it is just one city...yes it was just one city that flooded this time...flooding is very common in the Eastern half of the state, trust me, I lived there for 11 years. Our house flooded almost every year. Pretty much anywhere near a river there will flood because of how much snow they get in the winter and it all melts at the same time and overflows the rivers.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Burlington
    Anonymous

• Frankly, the situation reminds me a bit of a modern The Grapes of Wrath.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 8:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Has nothing to do with the recession, or oil boom, or anything or whatever - but we are seriously considering moving to ND because we're sick of family and bs going on here and we have friends that live there.
    Anonymous