does your child(s) ever walk in front of you?

one day i had this big load of laundry in a basket and it was not easy to pick up, it was really heavy! so i made an attempt to walk downstairs with it to wash it anyway, and my 2 year old decideds he's going to walk in front of me REALLY slowwwwwwwlyyyy!!

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• CONSTANTLY! It's soo aggrevating when I am carrying something or trying to get to the phone, there one of them is RIGHT in front of me. And its like they KNOW which way you are going so its hard to dodge them. My oldest son used to do this & not just to me. Once at the grocery, he walked right in front of this guy who didnt see him and just stops dead...well the guy tripped over him and fell down! I was mortified.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You stop and let him go down the stairs first, before you attempt to go down. So you won't accidentally hurt him with the basket of cloths your caring

Answer by louise2 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• omgosh my oldest daughter almost 4 does this. Every time were going somewhere she always has to be first the first out the first to the car the first up the stairs. If one of us even goes further than her she starts to flip out. and she'll wait and say "wait." but she really means I wanna go first. It does get annoying sometimes because we can't just always let her go first if we have somewhere to go we gotta go.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My daughter is 2 and she walk with me but my son is 4 and he walks behind me and he walks sooooooo slow
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 1:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• All the time,!!!! it is soooo annoying and then never stop.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• LOL!! I don't remember my kids doing that when they were little. I had a really stressful job that kept me at work for 50-60 hours a week and two little ones with a butt-head SO at the time. I remember that I always wore heals to work and my kids knew if I couldn't see them they BETTER get out of the way ~ those heals really hurt!

Now I puppy-sit for my 20-yo dd while she's at work, and it's really lucky that the dog is way cute because she is ALWAYS under my feet like she can read my mind and knows exactly where I'm trying to go! :-)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2008