You have a very BIG boy

My sons 2 yr check up was today (turned 2 the 8th) and he is off the charts for his height and 89% for his weight. The doctor was shocked. Asked if people think he's 3 all the time. Everyone always ask me if my 3yr old (4 in 4 months) and son are twins. It's so funny there expressions when I tell them they are almost 2 years apart. I was once asked if I was sure. LOL. Like my cousin said it was my super boob milk that did it lol. His dad told me today he better start working out so he's son doesn't kick his ass in a few years.
Anyone else have a big kid?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine is at a normal weight but he's a tall kid
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 7:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Well damn!! My son is pretty tall to be 2. Ppl always ask if he is 3.
    LittlesMom549

Answer by LittlesMom549 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Damn, dad better start working out soon then! lol. I wish my daughter wasn't sooo small, she's 18 months & looks like a 9 month old. (& no she wasn't a premie).
    something_

Answer by something_ at 7:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yep my DD has always been very high in the percentiles. She's 9 and almost as tall as me. (I'm 5ft 8)
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My son is pretty stalky and strong. He turns 2 next week so I cant wait to take him to the dr and get all the measurments.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• lol your doc woulda' had a stroke if he'd seen my ds. when he was born he was in the 100% for both his weight and his height. he was 10 5 22. ppl said i birthed a toddler lol. i don't remember what % he's in now. he's 4 now.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my son was born in the 97th percentile and stayed there until he was about 2
    babylotus

Answer by babylotus at 7:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yep, that's my son all right. He's always been in the 95%+ for his height/weight. He's now 7 (8 in Oct) and wears a 10/12. He's 4'3" (last time we measured him) but I think he's grown. He spent 2 weeks with his grampa, came back and it seems like he's taller than when he left.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My 2 year old daughter is also about 80% weight and off the charts for height. My 4 year old daughter is 80% weight and 99% height though, so nobody thinks they are twins. And my son is only 80% and 90%, but at 2 years older, and being a boy, people can tell he's older too.

My father is 6'7" and all the women in the families are close to 6'. So it's to be expected.

In my opinion, my 4 year old acts/talks 5 and my 2 year old, at least 3. So people do think they're older till I tell them, then it's "wow! She's big for 2 1/2!"
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My son is really tall too... he used to be at the top of the curve for weight as well but he has really thinned out, he's about 70% now and 98% for height. He's 2 (almost 3) and 40.5 inches tall.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011