4 Month Old Sleeping habits

I am having trouble with my 4 month old and napping/sleeping. Whenever I put her down for a nap in her crib she'll sleep for maybe 30-50 mins and the rare time of 2 hours. But mostly its 30 mins top, however if I pick her up and lay her on my bed and lay beside her she'll sleep for hours. How do I get her to sleep good like she does in my bed but in her crib??

Should I just keep trying and just putting her in the crib and she'll like after a while?

Suggestions ??

Thank you soooo much

deniseandava

Asked by deniseandava at 7:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD moved from my bed to her bed at 6 months. So I hear your pain, make sure she is going down for a nap while she is still awake. I bought light blocking blinds to for her windows, and bought the Homemedics Sound Spa music player, I also BF right before nap. She usually cried for 30 min or less. It only lasted a few months. As long as you know there is nothing wrong, hunger, diaper, pain, temperature, I would just keep trying. It's hard I know.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 7:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• ouah, I am having the same trouble with my 9 mo old... he still cant sleep all night long in his crib. its hard. I tried the cry out method, but i gave up after two months of waking up 5 times a night to go lay in his crib and nurse him after he cried for so long... now hw just sleeps with me again, and nurses all night long... I think I gave up a little too early.
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 11:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have the same issue with my two month old..She likes her swing, does not like her crib she sleeps for about twenty mins and wakes up...It is hard to just let them cry, when you know they arent used to being in a big space like that and that they like to be by their mommies. GL! I know how you feel.
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2011