Why are men so...

ugh! LOL...my daughter likes to pull our DVDs down and play with them. I let her because I really don't see any issues with her playing with DVD cases, they are all lined in plastic, so if she does stick them in her mouth all I have to do is wipe them off really fast. My DH freaked out that she was playing with one of his game cases, acting like she was going to destroy it, even though it is plastic and she has yet to destroy any one of them. I let her play with them because it keeps her busy when I am trying to study and get things done around the house, if I don't let her play with them I have to be holding her 24/7. Why do men overreact about everything? It is just a plastic case! How much harm can she do? Really all she does is pull them out. Right now she has emptied half of a shelf and she just keeps pulling them out, that is all she is doing! Why does he need to freak out about this? So now if he is home, she can only play with my DVDs, so that I don't need to worry about him getting upset about it.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 7:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• when you figure this out please let me know; my husband is the same way especially if it is something of his but if it is something of mine he is the total opposite and gets the attitude of oh well
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My husband does that too. My daughter just plays with the dvd cases or game cases and he just freaks out. Oh wait and if my daughter touchs the tv. He gets mad cause the screen is getting all smudged up. I tell him she is a baby. You have to tell her No and keep doing it or she wont learn. Anything electronic that he bought he wines about. He bought me a laptop that cost as much as the tv and he wont even watch her if i run to the bathroom. He just says mommys gonna get you.
    rossfamiily

Answer by rossfamiily at 7:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Basically men are babies too and they don't want to share their toys with anyone.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• does he help you w her? does he know what u go through every day w her? yea once they start craweling and getting around it makes life rough for a while to try to get stuff done! how old is ur baby???
    my baby is 9 months old and pulling up and combat crawling....she is always in my stuff...pushing buttons on my laptop and all..hehe
    dancingthrulife

Answer by dancingthrulife at 12:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• She is 9 months and yes he does help out. I just don't see why he needs to go so upset about her playing with DVD cases.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• So I just have to say, yesterday our daughter was pulling DVD cases off the shelf again and having a grand ole time while I was working on homework. DH was watching TV, after about 5 minutes he goes over to her, puts them all where she can't reach and pulls her away from the shelf. Of course she starts bawling her little eyes out because she was enjoying herself, and not hurting anything, and he took it away from her. Then of course even though he tried to hold her (she doesn't really like him anyway, but when she is mad she HATES him). Now I have to stop doing my homework to console her because daddy won't let her play! I was so mad at him last night!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2011