How do you deal with rejection?

Feeling rejected on many different levels right now. Any tips to cope with rejection? whether it's from a SO, friends, and/or family...?

I know what I really need to work on is feeling better about myself, which I have been doing. It's a work in progress... Just wondering what everyone out there does to help themselves feel better when disappointment sets in or expectations aren't met...

Nicole1101

Asked by Nicole1101 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• http://www.dragosroua.com/how-to-deal-with-rejection-5-fresh-ways-to-look-at-getting-rejected/
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I just think of it this way. If they don't want you in their life you don't need them in yours plus why would you surround yourself with people who only upset you? Move on and surround yourself with people who make you happy.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 7:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• gomezmami2908 - thanks, I'll check it out.

onemellowmom - good point! thanks :)
    Nicole1101

Comment by Nicole1101 (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I had to laugh when I read this heading, because I have been feeling a lot of rejection lately and I do not deal with it well at all! and it made me feel better to know I'm not the only one. When I feel rejected I feel so lonely and weak and tired and pathetic and helpless, it's gross. But lately I've just decided that i can't control how other people feel about me and the more I try to control it, the more rejected I feel because it doesn't turn out the way I want it to. So for my sake and my daughter's I just have to do better at moving on and forgetting all the negative people who bring us down. but like you said, it's definitely a work in progress
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2011