Trend for 2011 ~ men will do more shopping and cooking?

Men Will Do The Shopping & Cooking!

This prognostication is based on trends in the workforce, which Mintel says is shifting towards women being more qualified (than men?) and working longer hours. One can only guess what men will buy for their families and how "macho-cheffing" will impact our dinner tables, but I'm very willing to find out.

Men will do more shopping and cooking!: image via runningheels.co.uk image via runningheels.co.uk

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My DH is a great cook and I love it when he says " honey, let me go to the store for you...I know how you get tired of being the one to go". Ahhh.....now that's a man! Love him.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Well I don't know about the whole shopping thing, but my DH loves to cook.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Hmmm... I'm pretty sure my kitchen wouldn't look like that picture with my hubby cooking in it! ; ) He can't even attempt to clean a kitchen without making it look worse than when he started. I can't imagine what would happen if I let him loose to do the cooking... and shopping? The reason I do the shopping is that I am more tight with the money. He thinks he's getting bargins, but ends up spending twice as much as I do for far less than I buy. I do let the older kids cook though. They do a great job, and it helps them learn skills they'll need later on anyway.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• They already do and they do a good job at planning,buying and cooking. I speak from experience. Women don't have to feel that they are the only ones who can handle it.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My DH loves cooking, granted there are some things he is better at than others but the things he is good at are delicious. He does a pretty good job shopping and he even does the dishes from time to time.
    Pooke626

Answer by Pooke626 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Mine doesn't do much shopping (if he does, it's with a list from me!) but he has started doing a lot more cooking - I went back to work after being a sahm for 7 years so he had to pick up some of my kitchen slack. Most of the time he doesn't mind.
    Anonymous

• my husband is the only one out of this loop...he will never cook or shop
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 8:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My DH already does all the cooking and shopping.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2011