How many times have you came home to a mess cause you SO isnt watching ur LO?

My SO watchs my DD when i run to the store real quick to get food. When I come home my Daughter has wrote all over the walls, table, and broke his cigs. I yell so bad when i walk in the door not at my daughter but at her dad for not watching her like he should. He takes a nap and then says well she was sleeping next to me. OMG i wanna lose it sometimes. Oh and he wont change her diaper cause he complains that she wont stay still.

So how many of you have came home with the same problem?

rossfamiily

Asked by rossfamiily at 7:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• ugh! me!!! my bf won't watch my son so i can have 10 mins to myself. all he does is play video games.
    PrncssTmmy

Answer by PrncssTmmy at 3:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• A few times but the messes have never been that big. And thankfully my husband has never had any diaper phobias lol
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• all the time and my girls are ages 9,7 and 6 and when run to the grocery he will sleep and not watch his own kids. I mean going through a divorce and wanting to sue me for full custody. just one of the reasons I hope to get custody. I tell mine to go to bed earlier and not nap when watching the girls. I come home to a mess all the time. Never listens.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• That's why I don't leave the kids with their dad anymore. No matter how inconvenient it is to me, at least I know they're safe with me.

Just yesterday all four of us were in the grocery store. In the checkout aisle Hubby an the kids started roughhousing. Because of that *I* got my foot stomped on by my 7 year old. Hubby tried to yell at the kid and I jumped all over him for HIS stupidity. Hubby DID start the horse play.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• that is like when my husband swears and then one of the girls do it he freaks out.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Oh yes, it does happen. Food and toys in the bathroom sink. A mess everywhere. Him complaining how everybody behaved.

They don't need constant entertainment, but if nobody is napping, an occasional snack, check, or shove out the door to play in the sprinkler or on the swings every so often is nice. TV and free play- OK for minutes, not so good for hours while he plays computer.... not always the best for a neat house and happy, tired kids.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my friend use to laugh at me cause i would leave instrutions.. ds eats this at this time..change him at this time ( or when need be ) and so forth and low and behold..i come home to ds needing to be changed, hes hungry and so forth..now my friend has a lil one and has to do the same thing lol.. i now barley get to go anyweres with out ds. hes 5 now but still better then to come home to a big mess. i swear men play stupid just so we learn to take the kids....hmmmmm.....
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Never!
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 4:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Man, I love having big kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• As long as my children are safe when I return, I don't care about the mess! Men definitely have a different idea of what watching the children is lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011