Dating?

I am 17 years old and my daughter is almost a month old. I'm single and im one of those people who cant stand being alone. My baby's dad isnt in the picture and we were together for a long time before he cheated and left me. I'm terrified that i won't meet anyone and that ill be alone for the rest of my life because im a single mom. Not many guys would date someone with a child. I know im young but its been a long time since i've even flirted with a guy. Lame right? Anyone have any advise on meeting guys.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• you're young, you have a lot of time to worry about settling down. for now, just focus on you and your baby, your job or education whichever you're currently pursuing, use your freedom to make something of yourself. there are guys out there who will date women with children, my husband happens to be one of them. my oldest isn't his but when we met he fell in love with both of us. just be patient for now :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You're young and you have the rest of your life to worry about men. Right now focus on raising your beautiful baby work on becoming the woman you want to be, and don't worry about what guys think of you. You'll find someone when you least expect it and aren't even looking. Your baby won't be a baby forever though and you need to spend every second you can with her. They grow up way too fast so cherish the time you have.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 7:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Be patient young mommy. Its time to concentrate on yourself and your newborn. You dont have to have a man to be happy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• There are tons of guys who are willing to date single moms. I was single for a few years in my 30s and had no problem meeting quality guys who cared that I had 3 kids. I ended up marrying one of them who had never married, never had kids - always tells me he was waiting on me! There are nice guys out there, make sure you don't settle for anything less than you deserve. You really should focus on enjoying your baby for a while, when the time is right you'll meet a guy and things will work out.

Answer by missanc at 7:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Thank you...all you advise helped
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• .sounds like you need to grow up a little and worry about  your daughter instead of dating and ending  up with another child whos dad wont stick around

CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 2:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• wow that was kind of harsh...just trying to get my feelings out
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2011