Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I report ex to Child Support Enforcement?

The ex is 8 months behind on child support. He has a new job for about 6 weeks. He said he doesnt want to pay anything until some time in August. I have run out of money. (yes, I do have a job but in the summer it is part time.)


Asked by Kim370 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

Level 8 (267 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I would. It's up to the father to support the child..not just when it's convenient or comfortable. That way, it will never be a problem if they deduct from his pay, he will eventually not miss it as much and you will always get your support to help with your child. That's what they are there for,IMO.

    Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

  • yep, report him. Your child needs to eat. The kids can't wait until August.

    Answer by zoomomto3 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

  • He doesnt get to pick when he pays. His child needs it NOW report him and his new job.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

  • yes report him, he knows his obligations and the consequences of not obeying them. Your child's well being depends on it :)

    Answer by RigPrincess85 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

  • yes

    Answer by tnm786 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

  • of course>!> ask for his taxes too

    Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

  • That's a long time to be behind, what's the hold up? I would say something like... The Kid's can't wait any longer, if he cops attitude then have his wages attached! Does he plan on paying what he's missed?


    Answer by anichols1 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

  • yes you can.

    Answer by CristaJordan at 1:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

Next question in Relationships