How to keep glasses on a 2yr old??

we just found out my dd needs glasses. we ordered them today; we won't get them until next week. how the heck am i supposed to keep glasses on an almost 3yr old? she won't even keep sunglasses on. the moment i put them on her, she pushes them up so they're on her head. even trying these glasses on at the store was hard enough...i thought about the straps but i highly doubt they'll work. she'll end up just yankin' them off. any advice?

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I found this article, hope it helps!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2187909_keep-prescription-eye-glasses-toddler.html

I have a 4 year old who wears glasses and at first I had this worry too, but surprisingly she always keeps them on the only thing I have a problem with is that she touches the lenses too much and I'm constantly cleaning them.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My dr had us put pringles cans over our daughters arms and duct tape it to the shirt so it couldnt come off, It didnt work. We ended up doing these eye drops that basically make them blind unless they have their glasses on, It trains them in " if they are on i can see". Good luck momma
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Duct tape them to her head, LOL!!!!

Answer by louise2 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I see my downvote fairy has returned LOL
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would suggest duct tape, unless she has long hair, b/c that's painful. If she has long hair, make a game out of it, maybe reward her with a small treat if she manages to keep them on for an hour, two hours and on. If you wear sunglasses that look like regular glasses, she might want to try simply b/c Mummy is. Children love to copy adults. (I just realized my daycare/teacher side came out in a lot of my answers on this website, heh.)
    nataliekateof2

Answer by nataliekateof2 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Oh good luck. My three year old wears glasses and he's been wearing them for about 7 months now and I am still getting on him to wear them. He does for the most part but will take them off and leave them in his toy box or whereever he wants to... ugh. Maybe try those straps for a period of time, even though she might take them off. It worked for my son and now he doesn't wear the straps anymore. Maybe try a little bribe of some sort until she gets used to them. The dr. told us that once they get used to them they wear them because they realize they can see better~~ I hope so! Good luck, keep us posted to how she's doing.
    HappySam

Answer by HappySam at 1:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• staps made specially for them
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Maybe she will keep them on bc she can see better. Tell her she has to have her glasses on to do certain activites ie: TV, reading princess books. Make a game out of it. If she REALLY likes Disney Princesses, tell her that it makes her a princess, and all princesses wore glasses when they were little. (Thats how I got my SD to wear sunglasses and sunblock.) I showed her pics of Disney celebs with sunglasses on. (That's harder to find that you would think...)
    baquick

Answer by baquick at 3:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011