What kind of wedding did/do you want to have?

Was it in a church? Outdoors? Big? Small?

RigPrincess85

Asked by RigPrincess85 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We want to have a very small wedding, outdoors in a garden :)
    RigPrincess85

Comment by RigPrincess85 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• We had a small wedding in a Japanese garden one of our great friends married us and was our DJ (it was his wedding present for us saved us nearly 600) and then had a BBQ in another part of the park it was great being married infront of the large koi pond
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 7:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• outdoors. ceremony was small and reception was huge. it was wonderful :)

flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 8:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• awwwe I love that picture flamingomegs! So cute :)
    RigPrincess85

Comment by RigPrincess85 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My wedding was NOTHING like what I've always wanted. We got married in our reception hall, with only 200 people. I wanted a "Midevil Gothic" style wedding and I got a generic contemporary run of the mill wedding...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• In a church. : ) About 85-90 guests.

katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my dream wedding was a disneywedding, then a beach wedding, then just a simple luau wdding, but none of them happen, i didn't even get to buy myself the wedding gown of my dreams, friends that promised things back out on me last minute, the priests from the church we got married was rude infront or my mom and mother in law and I ended up making my own wedding cake. ;P I don't even have that beautiful wedding pic to hang in my living room. I'm just hoping for a redo, maybe in Hawaii, *crossing my fingers
    but that's still very far into the future if God allows.
    SophiEli

Answer by SophiEli at 8:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• We didnt want a big deal because we've both been married before (MAJOR mistakes), and we knew that being married isnt about the wedding....its about the lifetime. So we hired a minister to marry us on two pontoon boats, with about 20 people. JUST immediate family. Then, last minute we were threatened with ruining our wedding, so we cancelled the whole thing, switched days, and just eloped at a chapel with our 3 youngest children in tow. Married in tees and jeans! Then, spend the afternoon on the lake anyways!! It couldnt have been more perfect!

mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 8:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• a very small church wedding.. I wanted to just run off and get married ( didnt have the money to do what I really wanted ) but I opened my big mouth and had a small one that I didnt really want had to end up spending more money then we wanted at the time.. But soon I will have the wedding I wanted when we renew our vows
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I wanted to elope but my husband was afraid his family would be upset. I didn't want a huge wedding because I knew I would be very emotional since my mom is no longer alive and I thought I would have a hard time without her there on our wedding day. (I did.) We ended up getting married in this adorable chapel at his alma mater and then had our reception at an old train depot. There were 90-95 people in attendance. One of my mom's brothers married us (he's a preacher) and her other brother gave me away. The reception was my favorite part. We made it very kid-centric because there were going to be so many kids in attendance. We hired a magician and had a crafts table for the kids. Instead of throwing the bouquet and garter, we had a pull-string train pinata and all the kids had Scooby Doo bags to collect the goodies. We kept our costs very low because we wanted to be able to pay cash for everything and have no debt afterward.
    maxava

Answer by maxava at 10:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011