Baby

So today my baby has been less active. He usually moves like 24/7, still doing flips and stuff even though I am 39 weeks. But today he has been very calm. He moves enough so that I dont worry. I know that everyone says baby slows down because of lack of room but he is just as active as he has always been until today. I have an app first thing in the morning. Should I worry that he is calm today because its not like him and call my doc or should I wait? He has moved about 10 times in a 2 hour period this morning but that was it. And then just a little kick here an there the rest of the day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I know I was worried when that happened to me with my baby, but I remembered it happened with my previous one too... and the one before that.. I think it's normal to get some sudden quieter time, but it's also normal to be worried when it happens, :) Just do that kick-count thing to reassure yourself that all is well. I think you're supposed to count - I forget how many kicks in how many minutes, since it's been a while since I was last pregnant, but you probably know.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• maybe he got engaged seeing you're 39 weeks, sometimes it's a first sign before the baby comes...
    vannahbaby213

Answer by vannahbaby213 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Some babies will calm down right before labor begins. You are getting very close to your due date so maybe that could be the reason for it. Ask your doctor in the morning just to be on the safe side, but as long as baby is still moving, I wouldn't worry too much.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I've been told by my doctor that 4 an hour is just fine, but I'm only 28 weeks right now.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• He's probably moving into the birthing position. Also, he might of just now hit a growth spurt and run out of room. If you're still feeling him move then I wouldn't worry to much. Maybe call your doctor and ask if that's supposed to happen, just to be sure.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think it's normal. We ALL have those days when we just want to CHILL. Maybe today is one of those days for him.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think its okay, he's probably just resting up for the bid day! ;)
    SophiEli

Answer by SophiEli at 8:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011