Is there something wrong with me deciding who I want to have on MY OWN FB page?

I have a 14 year old cousin who has Facebook. I hardly ever talk to him, only ever see him at holidays. I'm not that close with my family to begin with. My aunt sent me an email saying her son wondered why I wasn't his friend on FB, that he seemed kind of sad about it. I could say I don't have kids on there, but I have three under 18. I cuss, I post adult topics, not like porn or anything, but I don't want to have to watch what I say on my own page. The teenagers I have on there are raised in the real world. He is not. He is dramatic, prissy, over protected, and a know-it-all. She tends to get her feelings hurt when someone says anything negative toward her. I don't get why some people get so upset if you don't "friend" them. Is it so wrong to not accept everyone who wants to be your friend?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I dont see anything wrong with it.. if you dont what him as a friend then you dont have to... I have a few people ( family not close ) that keep sending me friend invites but I dont add them because I dont want to... Some might think that makes me a bad person but why should I add someone I dont really like or that I dont want them to see my stuff.. JMO
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• No, its ur FB, you decide who you do and do not want on there
    SophiEli

Answer by SophiEli at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You can add him then block him from seeing anything on your page and from your posts and pics. If you don't want to bother, just tell her that you don't want to have to sensor yourself for her child. If she can't respect that, then she can go suck an egg.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't add him either. it's your fb your choice.
    vannahbaby213

Answer by vannahbaby213 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I know what you mean... I barely post anything anymore bc of all the different people who have requested me. I wish I could downsize by about a hundred people but that would cause a sh*t storm with my "friends"
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• LOL. I feel like I have to give her a reason now...
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2011