My 4 year old is destructive!

My 4 year old is like anyother normal sweet little boy - until he is left alone - for as little as 3 minutes - or like the times that he should be laying down to go to sleep or when im showering or anything. the littlest time frame.

for example - he breaks every toy he has
he picks at the wall
pulls off pieces of the wall
pulls off pieces of his bed
pees on his toys
throws his clothes everywhere and any where
ect

its getting out of hand - and im at my end with this. We have done times outs and he doesnt care. We have removed all toys from his room at bedtime, taken away anything fun, taken away anything he likes, he doesnt seem to care about any type of punishment. We explain to him what he is doing wrong and why its wrong and make him clean it up - still no change.

i dont get it.

any advice?
my aunt tells me its just boys being boys - but i dont think she understands,.

rachel99504

Asked by rachel99504 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No, that's not boys being boys. Have you discussed this with his doctor?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• That's not boy being boy. Destructive behavior such as that isn't normal. Try talking to his ped.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• does he get plenty of exercise?? I know my daughter who is almost 3 will almost go out of her mind if she doens't get OUT of the house and do physical activity..even if it's spraying her with the hose outback...they need to get their wiggles out or they get frustrated and don't know how to express it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• yeah i have. they kinda just shrugged it off. His father has ADHD and I swear it is some of that coming out. Im going to get a second opinion
    rachel99504

Comment by rachel99504 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think your aunt is right but I also understand where you come from bc I have a 3 yr old and he breaks alot of his toys cuts up at daycare, we do the samething punish him, put him in time out, but its like the next day he totally forgets what we said not to do thats what he do even though its wrong. Sometimes I be at the end of the rope with mines and he is just 3 but I tend to ignore him when he is whinning for nothing or I get his mind off of whatever I dispointed with him with and entertain him another way. Its a tough ride and my husband wants another kid
    mystery8307

Answer by mystery8307 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Definitely talk to his pediatrician. That is not normal behavior.
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Not normal, and urinating on thigns is jut plain out of control.... talk to a childrn's psychologist
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2011