Family Drama please no rude remarks adult content

Okay so long story short I got together with my best friend since the 8th grade. We tried a relationship and it didn't work. But I'm not pregnant with his baby. He's totally supportive and being amazing but my parents and siblings have totally up and left and want nothing to do with me because it was out of wed lock. I don't know how to handle this. I'm such a daddys girl it hurts not being able to have them in my life. His parents are starting to distance themselves as well. I already have 2 kids from a previous marriage so I know how to raise a child and my other 2 kids dad is great and wonderful too but not having family support is very hard. Their very religious and my dad is the bishop of the LDS church and so I think it's mostly to save face. But anyone have any advice on how to fix this? I made a mistake everyone does. I love this baby already and am happy to have him become a part of my family. I just wish our families felt the same way. My ex husband is being more supportive than both families. He said if my best friend were to leave he'd adopt the baby and help out. But my best friend is no where near leaving. SO I have 2 great guys but still need and want my family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• haha I'm NOW pregnant with his baby sorry about that typo.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You need to sit down with your family and tell them how you feel and how much their support is wanted and needed, a Pastor of any church should understand that saving face is not more important than saving a family.......

Answer by older at 8:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I know it hurts, but you may need to cut your losses with them. For now anyway. You do not need the stress they are creating.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Your family will pull their heads out of their asses and come around. Give it some time. Meanwhile, you have awesome support.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think you'll just have to take support from people who are offering at this point. I think that just because you are pregnant out of wedlock is no reason for your family to treat you that way, even if your dad is a bishop you are supposed to love everyone. I was raised in the LDS church and it's people that act like that that make me unwilling to even go to church right now.

I hope your parents will realize what they are missing and start acting like the parents and grandparents they should be.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 8:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Just flat out ask them what's more important, their petty detirmination to punish you, or a relationship with their daughter and grandchildren. Depending you how they answer you'll know where you stand. If they can't get over it then it's their loss.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Look up all the different scriptures about forgiveness, and judgement. Then, when you sit down to speak to your family, you can back yourself with religion. Yes, you made a mistake...but God doesnt punish with blessings...and thats EXACTLY what that little baby is. A blessing. YOU made the "mistake", not that baby, and he deserves a family. And family forgives eachother. Only God has the right to judge you.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 8:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• That's what I always say is none of my kids are mistakes their all surprises. the best surprises EVER!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• well why cant you work it out with your best friend and soon to be child's father,,,?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• because we are better off just friends. We litterally drove each other insane! and I mean not good insane... and we just fought non stop but since we broke up we've been back to best friends just with a little part of both of us together.... and from what everyone says that has known us just as long they are a little scared for me and dan together haha we were pretty hyper kids haha. And high school was all a joke and yeah haha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2011