If you are trying to conceive..... adult content

I don't blog and I'm new to this site so I haven't figured out if there is an advice section but I just wanted to share some tips on what may have helped me conceive on the first try.

Birth Control
First off, if you are on the pill, it can take you anywhere from 1 month to a few months. It took me 3 months of being off the pill to conceive with baby #1.

Diet/exercise
After a tough time during my life I gained a couple pounds and went to food for comfort. It was the worst. And I couldn't get myself to buy bigger clothes so I went on the Kaufmann diet. It's basically a low carb diet that consists of all organic foods and NO SUGAR only Stevia or Truvia sugar. Not only that but I joined the YMCA and worked out 3-5x's a week and not only dropped weight but I felt so energized! This diet lasted for a little over 3 months until I found out I was pregnant because of those darn cravings lol

Period/Ovulation
I made sure to write down the first day of my last period and calculate when I would ovulate, obviously, and have sex 2 days before, 2 days during, and 2 days after just to be safe! But the twist was to look for a full moon and have sex. This is an old wives tale, but it worked for me.

Lastly, this is kind of explicit but it was another factor that I believe helped me. After the news that I was pregnant, my grandmother asked me discretely if I had sex from behind. And to be honest that was all we did. That and I made sure to put on a pad and undies and lay in bed for an hour or two so 'it' could marinate. I feel dirty saying that but hey, don't knock it until you've tried it. =0

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• That and I made sure to put on a pad and undies and lay in bed for an hour or two so 'it' could marinate

That made me laugh since by the time you get up to clean up, enough sperm have made their way into the cervix to find an egg.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yeah, I don't know how to put it correctly where I don't sound like a pervert. :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I am afraid that is why I don't get pregnant. Because we do it "wrong".
    rachelv817

Answer by rachelv817 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Try to use this ovulation calendar tool http://www.ovulationcalendarsoftware.com/ to find perfect time to conceive a boy or a girl.

aromatikas

Answer by aromatikas at 12:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2011