I can't take my almost 3 year old anymore :(

I don't know what to do anymore...she constantly tells me to shutup, but it's in a shrieking voice...she punches, hits...we do everything for exercise, do learning activities, constantly do things out of the house..she seems so unhappy and at the flip of a switch, she is an angel..is this "just a 3 year old"...what happened to my sweet little girl?? I sometimes just sit and cry when she's not around b/c I don't know what to do anymore...yes, we have tried timeouts, spankings, taking things away, ignoring, name it and we've done it..

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 8:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm sorry she is being a little pill. My three year old son is constantly throwing fits, hitting walls, doors, himself anything he can when he gets upset because he gets told what to do and he apparently doesn't want to do it. UGH, I know how you are feeling~ the frustration can be sooo hard. I cry all the time too. I know I don't have a really good answer for you, especially when you've tried it all~~ ugh!! Just wanted you to know I'm going through something similar with my three year old~ so you are definetly not alone! Hugs to you and I truly hope she does better soon, for you and her!! :)
    HappySam

Answer by HappySam at 1:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I've been told that boys go through terrible twos and girls go through terrible threes. Probably just a stage. Hugs to you mama
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• OH.. WELCOME TO MY WORLD TODAY..LOL between her and my 7 yr old I wanted to scream
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My words exactly r00jo~ welcome to my (recent world). It's just a stage, will get our sweet lil girls back lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• it's a phase.
    Angeleyez08

Answer by Angeleyez08 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• hugs! My 3 yo was calling people poopy head recently so I decided to call her poopy head. Told her I changed her name and her brother called her poopy head all afternoon, my other ds was disapointed she missed out on calling her poopy head, she was at a friends, lol
    It is a stage but be ware if you have another girl. I thought my first dd was tough let me tell you she was a walk in the park compared to the little diva who is living in my little girl right now!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I have never had one of my own act like that, and any child that now comes to my house won't act that way either. It is not tolerated for any reason. If they want something, they have to ask for it, not whine, and telling you, her mother, to shutup???? Oh no! Not in this house. That is a wash your mouth out with soap day around here. She is learning somewhere that this behavior is ok, that is why she is continuing it. Reward her for being good, that helps with some. "Mommy likes the way you are helping today, why don't we go to the park when we are done.?" She needs to know who is in charge and she is asking you, begging you, to let her know that you are the Mom and what you say goes.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• thank you girls so much...Im actually in tears right now b/c I got her dressed for Vacation Bible school, she stood up, pointed her finger in my face and said shutup...honestly, it's just too much to hear from your precious little one....it helps to know Im not alone. thank you all again.
    calliesmommie

Comment by calliesmommie (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• :( im sorry i don't know what to do. Id think about where she learned it or how disiplined/strict the householdd id
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My son has been the same way lately...I don't even know what to do. He doesn't act this way around other family members. So they say it must be me, but I don't understand :( they just say I'm a push over. I hope it's just a phase! Good luck!
    brit0813

Answer by brit0813 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2011