What possesses a man to think this way...? (It gets very OLD real quick)

I can not believe him!!!
My parents live 12 hrs. away and my dh and my kids have never been there (my kids are 8 & 10) my parents have been over here but they are in their early 70's and they can't really travel.
Oh but my dh's family lives 5 hrs. away and we visit when his work schedule permits him.
Well I found a good deal on some airline tickets for me & my kids (he doesn't seem to want to go) so now I want and am going. I did ask him awhile back I wanted to go see my parents he's like ok sure go find out when so I did... it was too expensive but on a later date it was cheap so I took that one and made reservation but WITH the kids...OMG! He threw a fit he said I did it behind his back and that he had told me NO! I said yes you said no but I want to know WHY are you saying NO he said bc what if the plane goes down...oh brother give me a break.
If I go by myself he can find another woman :( buthe won't be able to replace the kids OK I get it but I still going it sets and now he is walking around pissed off I DO NOT UNDERTAND what's the big deal I try to ignore him and say he'll get over it but I can't help notice him with his stupid attitude walking around slamming doors and such.. Kind of makes me want to stay longer with my family but I can't the kids have to be back bc of their summer activities. Or Else I would seriously do it.

Thanks Ladies for listening....just venting (tell me something good) I don't know what to do with him being this way sometimes (controlling in his own way and jealous when it strikes him)....ugh!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• You go girl don't let him dominate when you can and cannot see your family, kudos to you!

Answer by older at 8:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Let him pout. You have every right to see your family too.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• And every right to take your kids to see their grandkids too!
    Nicole1101

Answer by Nicole1101 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• *grandparents
    Nicole1101

• Thanks Ladies I just can't take his moodiness and attitude I want to turn the other cheek and ignore him but can't bc he lives here of course if I go to another room he'll look for me after awhile and with a stupid attitude he'll ask me WTF am I doing? As if everything is fine...ugh!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Let him pout,his attitude is his problem.You and the kids go and have a good time.Remember they are also your children,and they should be able to get to know their Grandparents.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 8:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• He's being unreasonable.
    You have the right to see your parents, and they must see your kids. Full stop.
    Talk to him in a nice manner, ask him to be fair and explain to him that as both your and his parents grow older,
    you guys need to visit them with the kids, and be a big happy family.

Hmmm, did your parents ever act like they don't approve of him ? Did he feel offended or hurt by them in the past ?
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• @ lillyblue111 it's funny that you say that my mom is a very quiet person she is a home body and that is why I think he feel uncomfortable around her...I think that is one of the things, he has told me he feel ugly around bc she's quiet there is no telling what she might be thinking. I tell him that is the way she is but no he still won't go with me :( Never has he brought it up to go either.
    I guess that is why I had to grow a pair today...( like they say )...lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2011